Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Chains

As of lately I have been reading Chains by Laurie Halse. This book has been my ever present companion of the last couple of days and I am almost done reading it. Although this book is meant for young readers I can not imagine anyone of any age not enjoying this book!

The book takes place in pre-revolutionary times and the central character is a slave, Isabel, who tells of her journey of being a slave and all the heartache she encounters.

I must admit that the only initial reason I was drawn to this book was the cover //I am a sucker for good cover art\\ Even though I should not judge a book by it's cover I did.

I love the two eagles with a British and American flag painted on them!

If you are looking for a book to fall in love with you should check out Chains!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!