My least favorite classroom chore is passing back student papers. It's time consuming and half the contents get thrown in the trash once they reach the owner's hands. I devised a system that is working quite well, much to my delight. It's simple and quick.
Here is the breakdown to painless paper pass out
1. assign each student a number
2. collect student's graded work in a bin (not pictured)
3. when a student is done early have them sort through graded papers
4. student uses chart that goes with the numbers
5. student files paper in bin
6. presto student's work are neatly filed for them to look at