Wednesday, November 14, 2012

IEPs explain a lot

I have sat through my fair share of IEP meetings in my four years of teaching. There have been IEPs that I have dreaded as well as ones I have looked forward to. I saw this pin on Pinterest and thought how very fitting it was for IEPs too.
I cannot count the times I have sat across a parent and had an "aha" moment. During these "aha" moments everything is instantly explained for why a student is who they are. Now this not only applies to students who are a hot mess, but students that are beyond awesome! 

Today I had three IEPs and in each IEP I was given insight into how this student became who they are either in a positive way or negative.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!