Friday, December 10, 2010

Flying Flash Cards

The transition from elementary to middle school is rough. This fact is becoming more and more evident around the holidays. This time last year my 6th graders enjoyed making paper turkeys by tracing their hand, creating paper chains, coloring Santa clause and watching a snowman sing.

Oh what a difference a year makes! Instead of asking "who is going to bring in what snack" I am asking "did you finish writing your Haiku?" There is so little down time to allow any sort of celebration //which to be completely honest I rather not deal with a Christmas party//

So due to the lack of Christmas celebration one of my students decided to create his own mini party//a party of one that did not end well for him// They just completed a vocabulary definition test and was given their new words where they had to create flash cards//my version of paper chains// This one student decided to line his flash cards on his arm and then fling his arm up scattering the flash cards everywhere! Lets just say he ended up with an early Christmas card from me in the form of a referral! Now if that does not sound christmassy I do not know what will.

On a side note my 7th and 8th graders and doing fine! Thank goodness

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!