Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Mediocre

I think I saw this poor word get butchered every way possible on the last spelling test. One student even put a "q" in it! Now granted if I was in middle school I'm pretty sure I would of spelled it wrong too; it's somewhat of a miracle I can spell it correctly now. During my last class I decided to save this words life by bribing my students to spell it correctly.
R.E.W.I.N.D
Last week groups of Language Arts teachers were given a sub so we could grade our essays. And what goes with a day filled with essay grading...chocolate!
F.A.S.T. F.O.W.A.R.D
I still had little bite sizes left over and this is were the bribing took place. I told them that if everyone spelled that word correctly they could have a piece of candy. Do you want to guess how many students spelled that word wrong...zero and all it took was a little square of chocolate.

The semi odd thing is that I had two students that failed the test miserably and yet they managed to spell the most challenging word correctly

Go figure

1 comment :

  1. Haha amazing what a harmless little bribe can do...hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!