Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Practicing the P word

For those of you who are unaware of what the P word is let me inform you that it stands for...Patience...
I obviously had difficulty being patient today otherwise I would not be writing about the dreaded P word.
I usually consider myself to be a patient person, but today was a different story. I litterly told a student that they were walking on thin ice...of course they did not know what that meant...which did not make the situation any better.
On my way home I was listening to the radio trying to unwind from the day when a new song from MercyMe came on called This Life.
In the song I was reminded that earth is not my home//whew what a relief// everything on earth is temporary...where I am now is not where I will be for eternity...it's simply not my place!
So on days were I cannot get comfortable, am going out of my mind or have difficulty practicing the P word I need to remember that I am only on earth for a short time.
I need to make the most of it and not waste a minute. Every moment is a chance to let Christ's love and light break through. I need to seek after Him even if my day is the pits. Practicing the P word may be difficult, but if I am going to be an example I better start eating more apples with the P word written all over it!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!