Monday, October 17, 2011

7:30 bedtime

WARNING: DEBBIE DOWNER AHEAD

Yep, that's right it's 7:30 and I want to go to bed.
What makes it even worse is that today was a duty day;
no students and I am still exhausted!
How sad!!

This whole teaching three different grades in Language Arts is starting to wear on me and it's only the end of quarter 1.

Last year, I taught the 6th grade curriculum to all three grades thinking that I would loop curriculum's for the next two years (7th this year and then 8th next year). Well, I am not exactly sure how this happened, but I somehow talked myself into teaching all three levels this year. 
What was I thinking?!? 

Teaching 6th is not that bad. I am basically repeating what I did last year.
7th is new territory.
8th is mainly writing with some grammar and literature sprinkled in.

What makes it even worse is that I am the type of person that wants to give 120% in the classroom and I am feeling that I have to divide what I use to do in threes. I am going in three different directions at the same time.

Oh and lets add in all the responsibilities of an ESE teacher on my to do list.
Well it's 7:50. I suppose I will now go read and probably be out in five minutes.

Here's to a great start of quarter two


1 comment :

  1. I can totally understand the 120% part. Sometimes we just need to tell ourselves to stop, but that probably won't ever happen. Hang in there - I'm feeling you on the exhausted front. With working on a master's paper and teacher I pulled over a 12 hour work day - bleh. It's ok, we can give ourselves teacher of the year. There, just did it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!