Monday, November 21, 2011

Delivering Thanks

 Today was phase one of delivering our leaves. The 8th graders tomorrow will deliver the rest and then we will see the life skills class put on a little thanksgiving play
...I am pretty siked about the play...

I am very thankful for the extraordinary group of students that grace my classroom everyday. They truly are wonderful and are the reason why I work so very hard.
I was walking out of school today and as I turned a corner I saw this beautiful tree.
The wonderful AVID team at my school created a fundraiser for a local food bank. Anyone at school could buy a leaf and write a little thank you note. The leaves are currently plastered on this massive tree in our atrium and will be delivered to each person in a couple of weeks.

1 comment :

  1. Its so great to see that Thanksgiving isn't JUST about "pilgrims and Indians" in school any more, but really about understanding what it means to be thankful and what it means to give to others!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!