Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The sound of writing

filled my classroom today and yesterday as my ever so wonderful 8th graders wrote their essays.
Truth be told I have missed the sound last years 8th graders made as they wrote.
//strange I know\\
I was not sure when I would start hearing the soothing sound of writing with this years group. Well this was the week that we finally hit our groove and the writing is now underway.

You may be wondering what in the world writing sounds like...
well in my classroom writing sounds like this:
sharpening pencil
erasing
asking for advice
the rustling of papers
tapping fingers
sighing with thoughtful thinking
reading what they just wrote out loud to see if what they wrote makes sense



1 comment :

  1. oh the sounds of writing, pretty amazing! I also love this sign, we are superheroes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!