Thursday, August 15, 2013

The name game

Gone are the days of Sally, Tom and Jim
Names today take on their own form of interesting. 
When I was reviewing my class roaster prior to school starting all I could do was sit back and laugh because I hadn't the slightest clue on how to pronounce my students names. 
We are on day six of school and I am just starting to grasp how to say some of their names. In fact after day three of trying to pronounce this students name she said she was not going to respond to me unless I learned how to say her name correctly! Truth be told if I am calling a student by their last name there is a small chance I forgot how to say their first name. 
 I do thankfully have a Frank...I can manage saying that name. 

1 comment :

  1. I can't believe how sassy that student was to say that to you. Well yes I can believe it. I have a lot of similar names that I'm having trouble with -- Livia, Lidia, Lorrna, Lorena... Ahhhh. This us the slowest I've ever been at learning names. But I also have the most students I've ever had... 192!! - KK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!