Friday, July 3, 2015

My corner

I tend to be a little OCD by nature. Everything has a place. My classroom is neat and orderly. I find that when you have ESE students in your classroom it helps to have a place for everything. Now this being said things do get messy. Papers may not be in a neat pile all the time. A bin of markers may look a mess. But for the most part everything has a place in the classroom.

 Thankfully my students appreciate my neatness. Although some do find it amusing. I have this corner on my desk that is student free. No student is allowed to touch any aspect of this corner. I realize this may be a bit odd. But in order to stay healthy I prefer not to use the same supplies the students use. Oddly enough students gravitate towards this corner and ask to use such and such colored marker. My response is always no. They have hundreds upon hundreds of crayons, colored pencils, markers, glue sticks and scissors at their disposal. All I have is this little bin on the corner of my desk. 
{YES}
I do enlist students to clean everything  that students may have touched at the end of the year in order to prepare the supplies for the upcoming year. It only makes sense

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!