Monday, August 1, 2011

Never Ending Project

I wish I could say these took a day to make, but these little puppies were a summer long project

Materials
spray adhesive
hot glue gun
decoupage
fabric
stencils
scissors
pencil
sticks
ruler

Come up with sayings you would like to display on your banners
I picked these six sayings because they are mini sayings in my classroom
After you have
 /traced\cut/decopouged\trimed/
the letters
Layout the letters how you want them
For some reason I do not own a ruler...so a knife took its place

I ended up decoupaging the letters to make them stiff and trimed the fringe on the edges
Spray each letter individually with spray adhesive
which is my new bff
Apply pressure to the letters to help them stay put on the fabric
I took fabric strips and braided them
hot glued them to the sticks

Ta-da
Motivational Banners for the classroom

4 comments :

  1. wow - those turned out great, and I could see how they could end up being very time consuming! yes, my new room is huge - my principal kept saying how it was quite the desirable room, but since I have no idea what the other rooms look like, I'm assuming it had to do with square footage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job girl! spray adhesive rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your banner so much!!! I pinned them on pinterest and hope to make something similar. Love your blog!!

    ♥Rebecca
    Create●Teach●Share
    Create●Share●Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! The banners are a nice addition to the classroom; although I am going to make them double sided...sayins on the front and back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!