Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dolphin Tale

A while ago my mom and I visited Winter the dolphin from Dolphin Tale in Clearwater, Florida.
{bonus teachers get in for FREE}


{Facts about Winter}
Rescued from crab traps in 2005
lost her entire tail and two vertebrates due to this incident
She was not a year old when this happened
Despite the odds learned how to swim like a fish swaying back and forth
A prosthetic liner was created just for her called WintersGel
She does not wear the prosthetic all the time
A book and a movie was made about her remarkable life

I think the tale of Winter is inspirational and very fitting for students to relate to. I was so inspired by her story that I wanted to bring Dolphin Tale the book into the classroom for my students to read as a whole. So what do I do create a Donors Choose project for this book!
{Great news half way funded}

2 comments :

  1. congrats on being completed funded!!!!
    I have a project on there too which is expiring next month... do you think you could spread the word around about it? ( it expires on Aug. 27)
    Thank you so much for your help!
    http://www.donorschoose.org/project/makin-copies/771435/

    ReplyDelete
  2. .thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!