Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cookies and cream cookies

I had some left over Oreos from an Oreo cheesecake cupcake
I needed to find a way to rid my home of the row and a half of Oreos.
After searching Pinterest I found a cookies and cream cookies recipe that I made a little adjustment to.
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
10 Oreos
½ tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of white chocolate morsels
Preheat oven to 375° F.

Using a stand mixer, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla extract together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
//mine looked like yellow sand\\

Add the Oreo Cookies and mix until the cookies are just left in small pieces.

Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

With the mixer on low speed, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until fully incorporated.

Fold in the white chocolate morsels
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

While I was mixing everything I became a little concerned that the dough was too dry. I decided to add two items to add a little extra to the blah dough.
 
I took my food processor and put in the four remaining Oreos and some pieces of a dark chocolate bar. I added the concoction to the dough and did a test run of the dough.
//waited patiently for the 8 minutes to run out\\
 
Took the cookie out and the dough, now cookie, looked just as dry.
Put the cookie in the fridge to cool took it out just as dry looking on the outside. Took a bite and oh my...so good...not dry at all on the inside!
//so relieved\\
I am not exactly sure how the inside came out so moist, but I guess I should not judge a cookie by its cover.

//Original recipe from\\

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!