Thursday, December 15, 2011

The one with the golden ticket

BACKGROUND
First of all I had a hay day with this comment.
I believe students just finished taking a vocabulary spelling test. The student below did not do so well on his test and when he discovered his grade this golden ticket popped out of his mouth.

Student: "Miss, I'm smart...I just choose not to be"
Me: J you have got to be kidding me. That is the dumpiest thing I have ever heard. //PAUSE\\ So what you are saying is that you can walk, but you choose to crawl. Is that right J?

Student: Miss that's not what I meant.
Me: Well, that's what I heard.
TODAY
J is doing much better making sure he is choosing to be smart and not the contrary. Now, if he could only remember to bring in his home work and stop "leaving it at home."

2 comments :

  1. LOL, kids can say such odd things! I have heard kids say similar things though when they want to save face. For instance you know you're smart, but you have trouble studying, bringing in homework, etc, so rather than SAY you have trouble with these things, you say, "I just don't care."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this student is always trying to save face...I cannot tell you the amount of homework he has "left at home"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!