Sunday, September 16, 2012

Interactive supplies

I try to minimize any unnecessary movement in the classroom. Using interactive notebooks requires that students have various supplies. I used to have students create an assemply line when they needed to gather supplies. This year I became a little bit wiser when it comes to student's supplies.
 I have a plastic crate on the counter filled with individual student supply box. My biggest class is 14, but without fail someone is always out...so 13 boxes works perfectly! I typically have students grab a supply box during vocab bellwork and then at the end of class assign two students to pick them up and put them back in the crate.
Inside each box is: crayons, colored pencils, scissors, a colored pen, eraser, glue stick and pencil sharpener. I find that having these supplies at each student's desk reduce unnecessary movement during lessons.

1 comment :

  1. love this, I do feel like I could use a little more organization with supplies for the kids - great solution to the problem.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!