Sunday, January 16, 2011

GLEE

"Kids who are constantly told no by the people in their environment that they cannot be who they are or have what they want because of who they are…well screw that kids!"
-Chris Colfer

Chris won Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role at this years Golden Globes. I love how he ended his speech by encouraging kids to not be discouraged by what they are facing and to strive to be who they really are!

I know with my students their list of what they cannot do is a mile longer than what they can do...which is entirely not true, but if you are constantly being reminded of what you will never do you start to believe what they say is true.


Later that night GLEE also won Best Television Series - Comedy or Musical.  Ian Brennan  thanked public school teachers for "doing the most important work in America."

While I am talking about GLEE I am so pleased that they decided to keep Becky part of the show! For those who are unaware of who this Becky is well let me introduce you to one of the many shining cast members of GLEE
Lauren Potter

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!