Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Find your greatness

I saw this commerial during the Olympics last week and instantly fell in love. I incorporated this clip into my yearly welcome back speech to students. I told all of them that this is our theme: finding our greatness. Some classes had to watch the clip twice because they missed the significance of the little boy being the main character in the commercial. After the clip we discussed why the boy was chosen to be in the commercial. They all pretty much came up with the same response...he was not born to be great at playing baseball and yet he is.

I feel that this is a perfect commercial to show ESE students. They are told often that they will not be great and some how within themselves they have to strive for greatness.



I am showing another Nike 'find your greatness" commercial for our weekly community writing notebook.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!